Monday, May 23, 2016

23 May 2016

This week was great! On Monday we played with these big ball things that you strap yourself into and run into each other. It was really fun and there were only a few injuries. One sister got leveled by Elder Clyde and another Sister took an elbow to the face and it broke her glasses. Sister Martinez wanted to face off with me so we ran at each other and I knocked her on her back. It was funny. After that we played basketball, volleyball, and Tiger.
On Tuesday we had a lesson with Richard Thompson. We talked about the Book of Mormon with him and then invited him to read the introduction.
We also did some service for a widow. We helped put bricks along her fence so the soil wouldn't wash out when it rains.

On Wednesday we had a meeting with the Sisters to discuss the trouble they were having in their areas. It was about an hour long. We talked about ways we can improve and help our areas pick up. Then we were supposed to have a lesson with a nonmember, but he ditched on us.
Then we went to visit the McFarlane's. They threw me a birthday party just because they felt like it.

On Thursday we cleaned the apartment for a little bit, because we had an inspection on Saturday. Then we had lunch and did weekly planning.
We finished early because I needed to run to the mission office to get some baptismal forms so I could conduct an interview. After that we went to visit a lady named Felica. We talked to her for a little bit, and then went to dinner. After dinner we went to the stake center to give a baptismal interview.

On Friday we had a district breakfast at our stake president's home.

Then we had studies together. Then we all headed off to district meeting. I had both sets of Sisters train. The English Sisters taught about asking inspired questions and the Spanish Sisters taught about listening. I wrapped up the meeting with a training on resolving concerns. Then we had district lunch at Chick-fil-a. Later in the afternoon we met the English Sisters at the stake center because Sister Harper needed a blessing. After that the Spanish sisters tracked us down and gave us some cake. I don't know why, but they always give us there extra food. Then we went to dinner. We ate dinner with a part member family. The wife is active and has a stake calling, her husband is a nonmember. He isn't super interested, but he is a really nice guy. Before we left we asked them if there was anything we could do for them and the wife asked us to dedicate their house. So I dedicated their house.
Saturday was an interesting day. It started off normal. We had our apartment inspected and then we went to the Sisters baptism to drop off the baptismal forms. It was a pretty average day until about 8:55pm. We were visiting the McFarlane’s again and we were about to leave, when we got a call from the Spanish Sisters. I answered and all I heard was talking, so I figured they butt dialed me. Then they called us again and Sister Riding said quietly "we are outside of our house and there is a drunk guy, can you come save us?" So brother McFarlane sped us over to their house. By the way brother McFarlane works in security so he was the right guy to be with. So we get there drive by then do a U turn and pull up and they hop in the car. Then the drunk guy came right up to the driver’s side window. Brother McFarlane rolled down his window about an inch and said "have a nice night." Then the drunk dude said something in Spanish and we said we don't speak Spanish. Then he rolled up the window. The drunk dude then started playing with the wind shield wipers on the car and slapping the windshield. As soon as he let go we sped off. We did another U turn and headed back towards the Sister's house because we wanted to let the Elders quorum president know about this. The Elders quorum president lives right next to the sisters and he is a big, muscular Tongan who works at the jail. He was outside of his house talking to someone when we pulled up. Brother McFarlane rolled down his window and said "Stan this guy is harassing the sisters." Then the Elders quorum president got this mean look on his face and walked over to the guy and the drunk dude tried to give him a beer. Then the drunk dude threw a beer can on Brother Moleni's (the Elders quorum president) lawn. He made him go pick it up and then we helped the sisters go home the back way. Then we got transfer calls that night. Elder Paul is going to Taylorsville and is going to be senior companion in a trio. I am staying here as District Leader and I'm TRAINING!!!!!! He is a trial missionary, but I don't care cuz I'm training! So I freaked out about that for like an hour. And I'm also white washing the Sisters out of there area.

Sunday was a regular day. We went to church and had a lesson with Bruno. Except our ward mission leader’s cousin is in town and going to the MTC and she speaks French so we had the lesson at his house. It was good; we talked about the priesthood and eternal families. So yeah that was my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment