Monday, May 16, 2016

16 May 2016

This week was really good! On Monday was a regular proselyting day. I'm not really sure what happened. I can't remember it at all. We didn't teach any lessons so we just went finding.

On Tuesday we had P-day. We went to the Bountiful Temple. It was so beautiful; probably the most beautiful Celestial room I've ever been in. On the way back we were riding with the other DL and we didn't get off on the right exit so we were headed towards Las Vegas. Lucky we found our way back to West Valley. Then our district went bowling for a little bit and then we went to a church and played a game called Tiger. It was so much fun. I scared one of the sisters really bad. 

 On Wednesday I went to a meeting with the ZLs and the STLs to discuss what we were going to train on at zone meeting. My subject was The Book of Mormon: another Testament of Jesus Christ. Then we went to teach a dude named Richard Thompson. He had been less active for about 40 years. After that lesson we went to Brother Buttars house so that we could get some papers he wanted to give us. While we were in his office he opened his closet and I saw his gun safe. So we started talking about guns and he let me hold his revolver. It was pretty cool. Then after dinner we went and taught Brother and Sister Neff about the fall of Adam and Eve.
On Thursday we had weekly planning and then we read the Book of Mormon with Brian. I also prepared my training for zone meeting. Nothing else really happened. 

On Friday we had zone meeting. I trained second. I took up 45 minutes and I was only supposed to train for 30 minutes. It's ok as the meeting still ended on time. I started by asking a series of questions. Like why is the Book of Mormon precious to you and why do you love it? Then I placed a Book of Mormon to one of the Elders. I took it out of a box un covered the Book of Mormon, because it was covered by bubble wrap, then took it out of the plastic bag it was in, put some gloves on and then picked it up and gave it to an Elder and asked him if he would take my most prized possession. Then we had some discussion on how we can testify of the Book of Mormon simply. Then we had two people bear their testimony on the Book of Mormon. 
On Saturday I went on exchanges with elder Hunt. We taught a few lessons and we played basketball for four hours. It was a good day.

On Sunday we had 2 ladies show up to church and ask if they could start meeting with the missionaries, so we have a lesson with them tonight. Bruno got sick so we went to a fireside because our night was free. 

Transfers are next week. I get my call on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment