Monday, April 11, 2016

11 Apr 2016

This week was pretty good. On Monday we played baseball and kickball. My team was dominating at baseball. Then we switched up the teams for kickball; my team got smacked. It was really fun though.

On Tuesday we went and visited Brian so we could go over the baptismal interview questions. He answered all of our questions. He is a funny kid. We went to dinner, but when we got there everyone was sick. So instead of having dinner we gave blessings. So we went to a gas station and got dinner. Then we went to Mutual to do a follow up on a Book of Mormon challenge we did. After that we played volleyball with the youth.  My team won the first two games and then I switched teams and we barely lost. I realized that our youth group is above average when it comes to athletics.

On Wednesday Brian had his baptism interview. He passed! After the interview we played some basketball with a few kids that were walking down the street. Our zone leaders played too. In the evening we visited the Neff family. They had a family member just pass away and it was very unexpected. Sister Neff was really upset, so I offered to give her a blessing. The Spirit was really strong during and after the blessing. She was more cheerful immediately after the blessing.

On Thursday we had weekly planning so that took up a big chunk of our day. After that we went to visit Brian and figure out the program for the baptism. We got a few things figured out before we had to leave. After dinner we helped out with the youth choir.

On Friday we had our last district meeting of the transfer. It was really good. We talked about people that we needed help with. That took a lot of the time. After we went to Chick-fil-A for lunch. I've never been there, but it was good. Then we figured out the rest of the baptismal program with Brian. He asked me to confirm him. We were supposed to get transfer calls that night, but we got an email that told us we are getting them on Saturday instead.

We set up for Brian's baptism the whole afternoon. The baptism was good. He had to get baptized 3 times. He didn't go down the first 2 times. We had a video presentation from our ward mission leader. It was pretty cool. After the baptism we went to dinner. We ate with a Samoan lady. Then we went to visit Bill Tate. I always love visiting Bill, he is so funny.  We shared Elder Holland's talk with him. Then we went home and got transfer calls. So Elder Paul and I are staying together. Our zone is being consolidated. So I'm now in the Hunter Zone. Elder Andersen is my Zone leader again! I also got called to be the District Leader. I'm scared.

On Sunday we bore our testimonies in our first meeting. Then we went to the Marshallese branch. They gave us a bag full of ties so I was happy. Then I confirmed Brian. It was short. During fast and testimony meeting one of the less actives we work with bore her testimony for the first time ever. And then we bore our testimonies.  And Brian said the closing prayer. After dinner we took Bruno (our investigator from Africa) to temple square and had a tag-team lesson in French and English. It was awesome. The Spirit was really strong and he is on date for May 21st! Well have a great week.

Brian's baptism 

No comments:

Post a Comment