Monday, January 11, 2016

11 Jan 2015

My week was great! On Monday we went bowling as a zone. I won one of the of the games. After that was all over we went to the Thaxton's house for FHE and dinner. We had breakfast burritos.  For the family home evening we talked about enduring to the end. The spirit was really strong as we testified. After the two sons left they said that the lesson was exactly what the oldest son needed. We weren't planning on teaching enduring to the end when we got there, so the lord had a hand in this.
After the FHE their daughter cut my hair. She kinda chopped it all off. They asked me if I liked it and I said, "Well, my hair hasn't been like this since high school." It looks ok. 

On Tuesday we stopped by a referral we got from one of our bishops a few weeks ago. We knocked on the door and no one was home again. As we turned around to walk away some people walked up the stairs and said, " We live in that apartment and we have been waiting for you guys to stop by so we can have you come meet with us." So we set up a lesson for the next day. The rest of the afternoon we tried to contact people, but nothing happened. So we build a snowman in front of the Spanish sisters door. Not a very eventful day. 

On Wednesday I was on Exchanges with the district leader in his area. The first half of the day was filled up with stake missionary meetings. It was super boring. We had a few lessons that day, but a lot of trying to contact referrals. We got talking about conference talks that inspired us and he started talking about the talk "What Lack I Yet?" So he told me to study that talk for the next few weeks to help me improve. 

Thursday was a slow day, but I ate pretty good. We went to lunch at Cafe Rio and some one paid for us and then someone else was disappointed that they couldn't feed us so they gave us $20. Then for dinner we went to Olive Garden.

On Friday we had district meeting. We gave a training on how to get and contact referrals, and how to return and report to the person that gave the referral. It was a good meeting. Then we climbed the light house again and got a district picture. That night we got transfer calls. I'm staying in my area for a fourth transfer and I'm staying with Elder Wells for a 3rd transfer. I love Elder Wells, but we were both hoping for a change. We also got a new AP. It's Elder Gilman. He is one of my good friends from the Central Mission.

On Saturday we had a lesson with the Lively family. They are a less active family that just moved in. They are looking to go to the temple and be sealed. That night we went to the adult session of stake conference. Elder Bourne is the presiding authority. On Sunday we had conference again it was good. Elder Bourne gave a really good talk about having a firm base in the gospel. Oh and those people who we set up an appointment with at their doorstep are on date for February. So we have 3 baptisms scheduled for February.
Love,
Elder Pleshek

P.S. If I sign that check can I send it home to you and you can put it in my bank account?
And if you could get me a pair of blue pants that would be awesome


No comments:

Post a Comment