Tuesday, December 16, 2014

16 Dec 2014


This week with Elder Christensen has had it's ups and downs.  I have never worked so hard to find people before. We have contacted a bunch of the former and potential investigators. When I was in Midvale, people would just pop out of nowhere. Our area has been dead the last couple of weeks. I like Elder Christensen, but he likes everything clean all the time.  Other than that he is a great guy.
 
Ever since he has been here I have been a lot more confident when it comes to talking to people on the street. On our first day together we knocked on this Catholic guy's door. He came out and walked right in between us and told us to follow him. He took us to his front yard where there was a statue of the virgin Mary. He tried to make us get on our knees and pray to it. Then he got on his knees and started to pray. He started praying that we would convert "to the true religion of Catholic." After about two minutes into his prayer we walked away. He kept praying for another 5 min. after we left. So that was our adventure of the week. On another note a brother in one of my wards told me I could us his Ipad to Facetime on Christmas if I wanted to. Well that's all for this week.

Love,

Elder Pleshek

No comments:

Post a Comment